Sunday, November 3, 2013

Update

There is so much I want to say but my brain is swirling with it all I don't know what to spit out first! Over the last few months there has been so much, some ups, a lot of downs and some Meh to be accounted for. For the 45495847th time I am losing weight again. I made it back up to 190 lbs and got scared and went HELLO. I actually saw 300 Lbs once when I was at the doctors too ...Oh boy... Over the years I've had a lot of mental issues and things that would and could affect me emotionally that I have kind of pushed off to the side (After all I grew up in a home where showing emotion was bad...well for me to show it was anyway because I was always the one that had the "silly" things to worry about.....Oh and stress/emotional eating was acceptable and even encouraged); I've finally gotten into counseling for that and my BF is even coming with me every other week so we can work on our relationship too.

As of this morning my weight was down about 10 lbs to 280 but I won't be changing the ticker above until wednesday which is my weigh in day. About 2 weeks ago my boyfriend and I started Metabolic Research Center( MRC) which is a weight loss center like Weight watcher or jenny craig; You go and get weighed, you have your consultation and then you choose a program length to start on; the lengths vary by how much you want to lose,etc. The program uses a ketogenic approach like Atkins and south beach do/ Ketosis for those of you who don't know is when you eat very low carb (Usually 50 NET carbs or less) and force your body to start breaking down stored fat for energy. In theory it is a great idea, but the meal times just wont work for me. The program relies heavily and I mean HEAVILY on their proteins shakes and supplements, the amount of protein they had me eating a day was making me sick like SICK SICK. When I switched back to HIGH fat and LOW carbs I discovered that taking my carbs down below about 20% of my calories makes me sick too MEH. So no ketosis for me :\. Hopefully I will still be able to get this weight off relatively fast with a low-ER carb diet of 20% carbs. My carbs usually stay below 100 with about 60-70 net so it would be what is considered a non ketogenic low carb diet.

Unfortunately I have been SICK for the last month and in the last week or so I have realized that it is actually my hormones that are out of balance making me sick...I know this because I have missed 2 cycles and NO I am not pregnant..At least according to the tests the doctor did I'm not pregnant. I am also having BAD mood swings, like getting PISSED because my boyfriend said "Garlic bread?" that is not a normal thing to get pissed over. From pissed I went to emotional, whiny and wanting to cry in 10 seconds flat. >.< So not fun.

On some of the message boards on FB I am in about PCOS I notice a lot that there are women and girls who are newly diagnosed or are parents of girls who are newly diagnosed and have ZERO clue where to start because the doctors haven't told them ANYTHING. So here and now I want to say this so everyone knows. I don't care what the doctor does or does not want to put you on, unless you want to use birth control for its intended use...Controlling birth, do not let them put you on it for a PCOS treatment, it can mask symptoms instead of helping the underlying cause.  The first and foremost treatment for PCOS should always be DIET. whether you want to be vegetarian, vegan, paleo, atkins, or whatever. Always try for a log GI diet. You can google low GI to get the full school and a list of foods GI loads. The other thing is to try to stay away from food additives and almost always shop the perimeter of the store (Only venture in for tortillas and frozen veggies, and even though the bakery and deli are in the perimeter...skip those too). PCOS is an estrogen dominant endocrine disorder meaning we have too much estrogen in our bodies most of the time, this is why most with PCOS say to stay away from soy..because it has plant estrogen in it..the thing that most people don't think about is that all plants fruits, veggies, grains, they all have plant estrogen, just at different levels so on the soy front......Try to limit it.


My brain has so much more it wants to say but it won't un-jumble it so for now I will leave you with a link I found on the PCOS herbalists FB page that I found interesting; it is an article about food additives....Enjoy!



http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/feeding-frenzy-5-harmful-fda-approved-food-additives.html/?a=viewall

1 comment:

  1. I have had fibromyalgia for 30 years and it flared up so bad when I hit 50 the only thing that really makes a difference then was a keto diet. The difference is ASTOUNDING in fatigue, brain fog and inflammation. I feel almost human. I have trouble sticking to it though. Thankfully I found Dr Itua who resides from west africa in which I purchased a herbal product to finally get rid of this horrible disease, I drank Dr Itua herbal medicine for one months and I got healed once and for all I'm healthy.
    Dr Itua herbal medicine cure all sort of human diseases and infections with natural herbs made by Dr Itua herbal center, for any enquiry about Dr Itua contact his email address: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his website www.drituaherbalcenter.com to read all the diseases that Dr Itua can cure with his herbal medicines.
    Dr Itua herbal medicine got me back into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment;) I try to reply to all of them so check back often!