Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Peacemaking endeavor with food begins

I am sure that title confuses you a little bit and it should. About 2 weeks ago I wrote about My trip to the dietician and our journey to make me get back to basics and honor my hunger instead of my "diet" Eat when I am hungry, don't when I am not. This has proved to be a little bit more of a struggle than I had anticipated and I have been using myfitnesspal to continue my food logging through this so far. Lat night however I came to a realization that my nutritionist is right, I don't need to pay attention to calories or nutrients right now, Right now I need to go through the process of becoming in tuned with my hunger responses and focusing on my journey to healthy eating. This is what I will use you and my blog to do. Once again I will use this as my tool to being a healthier me. It worked in the past and I hope it will work again. Starting today I will use this as my daily journal outlining everything I eat and all INTENDED exercise I do. I can't guarantee I will exercise every day, Heck knowing me I probably won't but the way I am looking at it is right now every little bit helps on my journey to become an intuitive eater and a healthier person. I don't want to be someone who looks and worries about calories or grams of fat, carbs or protein grams in every little think I eat. I want to have that cookie, or ice cream and know that it is ok, that I can have just one serving and not feel like I need to eat the whole thing. I want to be a balanced satisfied happy person.

Having typed that my stomach was growling and my hunger I THINK was about a 3 on the intuitive eating scale. I'm not sure. I find rating things hard to do :\ I warmed up 2 bread sticks and 2 pieces of pizza. One sausage and one pepperoni. The bread sticks were soggy and not to appealing, I definitely think I like them fresh or cold better. I didn't eat more than half of one. The pizza too was soggy which I didn't like again I think I like it better fresh or cold. I did eat that because it tasted a bit better though. I did take a second after each bite to assess how I was feeling and I am not sure if I am full or not so if I need to I will eat again in a few mins or a half an hour, etc. I think I am full but I'm not sure, it isn't a feeling where I'm FULL or over filled, It's kind of a not hungry/not full feeling I can't tell either way. When I ended I think I was about a 5 my pants are a little tight so I am not sure if my fullness is from the pants or from being full. Again if I am hungry in a few mins or a few hours I will eat.

Now let's back track a bit. I do feel a need to mention last night I ordered the pizza because I was EXHAUSTED I had 1 piece of each type of pizza, 2 bread sticks and 2 pizza rollers. I then had a piece of pumpkin bar I made earlier. I THOUGHT that I had eaten till full, Not overfull, not stuffed just full. However, 5 hours later at midnight while laying in bed I still felt full. Like full full. This morning I woke up at 7:30 and I wasn't hungry either. It was odd. Normally I wake up hungry. Instead I sat and read the book my nutritionist is having me read called eating intuitively by Evelyn Trioble and Elyse Resch. It is actually a quite interesting read and I can see why it works for many people. I am not sure how I feel about it, it makes sense so far and maybe even doable for me, but then again eat to live made sense too and I know I can't live by that so we shall see. After reading for a bit I really just felt like running, My mind sat wondering am I hungry? and the answer kept coming back as no but did keep going to running. So I went running, I did c25k day 1. My PLAN is to do some yoga on my wii fit tonight and a little bit of weights tomorrow, whether that will happen or not, Who knows but I can always plan can't I ? :D

I did have a snack in class of a power at I know I was slightly hungry but definitely wasn't at a 3. I don't know if I had it more out of routine, boredom or hunger. Oh well, can't be perfect all the time right?

After my mid day snack I did have another snack a little bit later that was just one piece of pizza and I guess kind of tied in to my lunch. Again I wasn't sure if I was truely hungry or not but I wasn't completely not hungry either and I was thinking and thinking about it so I had it :D Then A little later I was actually hungry hungry so I had half a piece of pizza (i realized I didn't really like left over pepparoni pizza from pizza hut so I didn't eat the rest of the slice) 1 pizza roller and a slice of pumpkin bar.

Then my cramps kicked in BAAADDLLYYYY The good thing about being 70 lbs lighter than I was and being on the metformin and vitamins is that my cycles are more regular I usually don't skip a month of a period, my cycles might be longer or shorter, but I pretty much have one once a month. Problem? Cramps SUUCCKKKK they hurt like a MOFO. even so I knew I wanted my house pretty much clean so I did the kitchen (deep clean including reclaiming my fridge from dripped raw meat juices) and the bathroom too. Now I can actually cook tonight which is what I am doing now. :D Im making cilantro and lime chicken with some salsa on top, brown rice with a little teriyaki sauce (Kind of like fried rice) and a salad YUM!
To recap for today I have eaten:
Breakfast @9:30 :1 piece of pepperoni pizza, 1 piece of Sausage Pizza and 1/2 of a bread stick.
Snack @11:30: chocolate crunch powerbar
snack2@1:30: piece of sausage pizza
Lunch @ 2:15: Half a piece of pepperoni pizza,  1 pizza roller and 1 piece of pumpkin bar
Dinner@ 7: lime cilantro chicken, fried rice, salad w/ bacon pieces, feta and spray ranch
Dessert@9: 1/2 cup carrot cake ice cream
Snack@ 10: 8 strawberries, extra small banana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment;) I try to reply to all of them so check back often!