Friday, July 22, 2011

Gonna try tracking sodium

So...I am looking at the sodium in what I am having for breakfast. It is also what I had for dinner last night and this one thing is kinda high. I think my problem might be sodium :\ I am gonna try tracking it for a few days and see whats up.
                                                              Calories Sodium Carbs
Breakfast: Cheeseburger bake                  280       700     27

Lunch: Scrambled egg whites in a tortilla   204      200     20

Total so far:                                              484       900    47

Snack: Yoplait yogurt delight                    100         90    18

Total so far:                                              584      990     65

Snack: Yoplait yogurt delight                     100         90    18

Total so far:                                               684      1080   83

Dinner: Egg drop soup and a chicken salad 400       500    15

Total so far:                                               1084    1580   98

Snack: Yoplait  delight                                100         90    18

Total so far:                                               1184    1670  116

Snack/: Yoplait delight                               100        90     18
(yes I ate all 4 and they were sooo good)

Total for today:                                          1284     1760    134 

2 comments:

  1. that is great! my biggest shocker was finding out how much sodium was in taco seasoning, spaghetti sauce and taco shells. Yogurt is a great snacks as are fruits and veggies, most don't have much sodium at all! Oh, milk has equal calories and sodium. so if it is 120 calories it is also 120 mg of sodium. Whole eggs are 70 mg of sodium and 70 calories each. Pizza and most packaged foods are WAY high in sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DEFO hear you. I am gonna continue tracking sodium though. This IS my typical day of eating (in terms of I cook almost everything I eat unless its yogurt etc). I cut out most processed foods when I started losing weight (doesn't taste that great anyway and now it just makes me sick. But, I do make spaghetti etc every once in a while so I think tracking this stuff (at least for now) will be good for me! Can't believe how close I let myself come to 45% of the carbs today though. 1 carb leftover! Ive defo started slacking on the carb conscious side of things :\

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment;) I try to reply to all of them so check back often!